Tuesday 14 April 2009

Literary Agent for the day ... in a night!

I'm shattered!
I have just completed the seven hour stint over the slush pile - and my brain has turned to mush. I started working at 23:30 and this is now 06:11 but I did my 'agenting' in a day.
Obviously, the fact that I also drove 250 miles home, in stop/start traffic, before starting my day as a Literary Agent, probably contributed to the brain strain.
WAS IT REALLY WORTH IT?
Oh, yes!
I have learned that the query letter is more important than the book!
Infact, judging from my stint as a Literary Agent, I'd say the first paragraph of the query letter is make or break (as far as the 'wanna-be' author's career goes).

To anyone who commented on the book - thank you.

I am 'all over' the editing!
(It should give me something to do, as I appear to have missed the window of opportunity for sleep... for last night. However, I think it is time for a nice 'cuppa' tea and a re-write of the query letter first!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment