Friday 1 May 2009

Editing - so it must be the weekend

Editing is a very worthy occupation, and I won't hear a word said against editors - in general!
But editing is not exactly writing, is it?

After my first visit, to my second Writer's Circle, I have decided that I have to write something everyday!

Owing to the need for sleep, I have decided that my minimum daily writing toll must be a Haiku.

I know that purists frown on form, but you'll have to count me out of the 'pure' zone because I love Haikus.

HAIKU
Counted syllables -
the distilled essence of verse;
expansively brief!

On my Twitter account, which is, after all, the ideal place for a Haiku or two - I wrote today's first offering:


TWILIGHT
Deep spreading shadow
clawing back comforting night .
Shroud me dark mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment