Tuesday 19 May 2009

i-Quote Challenge - the writing response

  • Inspectors are back
  • Partner seeking alternative employment
  • A1s
  • Never getting on a computer long enough to make it worth my while getting my 'pendrive' out of my pocket -

The only thing I make time to write is my new writing challenge - I call it 'i-quote response poetry'.

I think it could be the makings of a book!! What do you think???

"Without love in the dream, it will never come true." -- Robert Hunter
THE HEART HAS GRAPHENE FLEXIBILITY
Loving foundations -
strength beyond tensile limits:
unbreakable bonds.

"If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self." -- Napoleon Hill
MULTIPLE PERSONALITY?
Don't conquer yourself,
others line up to do it:
be you - keep true - one!

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me." -- Simone Weil
VAIN THOUGHTS
Thoughts about oneself
surely, like shiny 'talents',
show active wisdom.

"Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality." -- Abraham Lincoln
THE COMMONALITY IN COMMITMENT
'Promise' means nothing,
the 'sorry' of things you'll do,
just hot air and hope.

"Better by far you should forget and smile rather than remember and be sad." -- Christina Rosetti
EXPERIENCE, ACCEPT, ADJUST
Smile and forget - eh?
Not to sadly remember?
Sounds like man's advice.

"Any time that is not spent on love is wasted." -- Tasso
WASTE NOT WANT NOT
Don't waste time on love
guard and cherish each minute:
arduous ardour!

"Stop asking if the glass is half full or half empty. Instead ask "What's in it? How did it get there? What can I do with it?" -David Kaufman
THE GLASS CONUNDRUM SOLVED
Half is perfection:
Suggests refreshment shared now,
plus more for later.

THEN, ON SUNDAY, I FOUND THAT THERE WAS A COMPETITION - c-o-o-l-t-i-n-g-s!!!!!!
@kingsplace
BRITISH WEATHER
Summer laps lazy
dripped rain, after heat hazy,
weather of whimsy.

HOLIDAY NEXT WEEK - RETURN OF THE EDITOR

No comments:

Post a Comment