Sunday 24 January 2010

I might be 2,940 to him but he is first to me

Slightly side tracked from my work, I accidently logged into my Twitter account.
OMG!
I found my ninety-first follower.
I clicked to see who was selling me something I didn't want
and guess what?
You never will, so I'll tell you -
it was like this -
(oops - I've already done that part) -
my ninety-one is number one...
my first ever Poet Laureate!
No?
Yes!
No, friggin' way!
Yes, friggin' way!
I've got my very own Poet Laureate on the line,
well, page.
See, I'm not greedy, other people might want a brace
of Poets Laureate to chase
And now I've thought of it
stalking Poets with the monicer Laureate is apppealing
but that will have to wait
'cos I'm a bit psyched:
I might be 2,900 and-what-ever to him
but, he's number one to me!
Drop by any time you like
I'm cool
No gushing here.
Just me
and little poetry.

LARRY JAFFE - POET LAUREATE
YOUTH FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
International Reader for the UNs Dialogue between Citizens etc
can pop by for poetry, or tea, any time he likes!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I bet he'd get a kick out of this blog post :)

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jemi
    I've had a lot of fun out of finding him there I can tell you!
    Free-form poetry and me... like that ><
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elaine, it is a pleasure to meet you... I will take a glass of poetry and a side order of verse.

    ReplyDelete