Sunday 3 July 2011

SIX SENTENCE SUNDAY - STARRING

It's Sunday! 


I really appreciate the time people take to comment on the six sentence sections.


Thanks for your thoughts.
This week, the six sentences are from my MG fantasy novel STARRING.


Lucas' one happy moment, before the Board of Advisement convene the inquisition.
Nia and Cate giggled high like clinking glasses. They looked from Lucas to the tree stump eyes growing wider with their grins, and then they really laughed. Arms wrapped tight, they could not hold their laughter in. They kept on laughing, although now it was punctuated by snorts and hiccoughs and rolling side to side. Suddenly warm in the shade of the tree, Lucas thought it had been funny. But it wasn’t that funny. 
Thanks for reading. Have a great Sunday :D

5 comments:

  1. Great snippet! Makes me want to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read more too! I love this concept. Can't wait for next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to wonder what they find so funny--great excerpt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed it very much... you could use metaphor about their laughter rather than simile in the first sentence and talk the glass clinking in a toast or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jemi
    Thanks :) I'm glad you liked the snippet.

    Hi lexcade
    Thanks. Your enthusiasm is always encouraging. :D

    Hi GE
    Thanks you. Don't you think "nothing-much" is always and never this funny ;)

    Hi Danette
    Oooh! Thanks for this idea - I'll try a few different ways to make it concrete and see if they flow.

    ReplyDelete