Sunday 6 November 2011

I’ve been to two Fireworks Displays and now I’m all Fawkesed out ;)
 
I wasn’t back from holiday, or organised enough, in time to add my name to the Six Sentence Sunday list which is a shame. :( 

I am going to post my Six Sentences for Sunday.

As usual, I’d like to say Thank You for visiting my blog and the thoughts and ideas you share. I especially appreciate the suggestions on DRAWN because this is the only novel I'm writing for adults.

DRAWN.

Darrah is The Arm of Elthor's Corp - this gives her responsibility for the men she selects to train and to lead. Her secret mission is to find the Regal's heir who has been taken. The evidence suggests that The Sarkisians - who, with their unusual powers and their need to feed directly from the living, are hated and feared - are responsible. Darrah, who has personal reasons to want all that race to husk and crumble is finding it hard deal with her reactions to Hale who has been sent to find out who, or what, is trying to destroy the fragile peace between their peoples.


Her hands were still shaking as she moved silently through the camp to reassure herself that her men were safe. Restless movements, breathy steam and warmth, everything was as she had expected, as she’d hoped.
She had made a mistake and there was nothing she could do but learn from it. The Sarkisian would not catch her so unprepared again. She needed a drink to wash his taste from her mouth. More than that she needed to stay awake, to be on guard.

ARE YOU ABLE TO GET ON WITH YOUR WRITING?

If you are NANO-ing I hope the word count is climbing well :D

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like it'll be intense! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexcade
    Thank you :D
    Darrah and Hale - very tricksey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the concept. Woman training men to lead. Haven't we always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna

    Thank you. :) I think women have always had skills that were overlooked.

    However, even in her world, Darrah is the exception rather than the rule. It's a society driven by merit when it isn't pre-destined by birth. Darrah has many unusual talents and skills that have been recognised and rewarded.

    ReplyDelete