Tuesday 24 July 2012

SCIENTIFIC ALMOSTFACT: TIME SLIPS ARE CAUSED BY THE MINUTE-MUNCHING MONSTER


MY MINUTE-MUNCHING MONSTER
SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS. :D
Image from Wickimedia

Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. ~ M Scott Peck.

I feel I undervalued myself today.

It’s true a large chunk of my time was hijacked by other people being somewhere other than where they were meant to be.

And I woke up thinking I was going to find it hard to be disciplined and make sure the word count kept rising because summer was making a brief appearance after weeks of rain and grey.

So, I had to work.

And sort out dull, but worthy, financial issues.

I tallied all that on the side of profitable.

I couldn’t account for the missing hours between the end of the washing up and the start of this blogpost.

Did I ever mention the minute-munching monster that forms from grey mist behind my armchair? He can also be found rising from my computer screen?

The minute-munching monster must be real because I can’t be the thief of time. I know better than to borrow minutes.

What happens when you suck all the spare time from the future?

Your timescape bulges like a saggy balloon behind you, a wasteland tightens all around the now and that puts a serious strain on your potentials.

I don’t want to put a strain on my potential ;)

Tomorrow will be a different kind of day: productive.

Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think. ~ Horace

IS THE MINUTE-MUNCHING MONSTER SPOILING YOUR SUMMER OF WRITING? 

No comments:

Post a Comment