|At least someone is interested |
in doing the laundry ;)
Curiosity might have played merry-hell with the cat but it’s the only thing that keeps the reader turning the pages.
Tuesday 10 this week is hosted by my New Year’s resolutions! :D
I read them every day before I start to write:
1. Read. Remember to make time to enjoy the experience.
2. What are you doing to build common ground between the reader and the MC?
3. Visualise the scene – remember to see it from the MC’s pov.
5. What did you include today that might surprise the reader?
6. Read your work out loud - if possible listen when someone else reads it to you
7. Use every paragraph to add depth to the character, build conflict or move the plot along
8. Remember the ending – keep it in mind to keep the narrative line taut.
9. Share your work with trusty writing friends from before you’ve written the first page – it is easier to share an outline.
10. Enjoy writing - celebrate the time you take to spend writing.
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU REMIND YOURSELF TO THINK OF WHEN YOU SIT DOWN TO WRITE?